Mittwoch, 2. November 2011

One Band Eva

Q: What do you do? If student, what do you study, and where? If working, in what field?

A: I finished my studies of music 10 years ago - it was for teaching music in gymnasium, with also piano first instrument and cello second. I have been teaching in schools for 3 years and 3 months and gave it up because it took all my energy. I did some other studies and worked as an immobile-seller last year, then gave that up also because of the same reason.

Now I am living from giving private lessons in piano and cello and right now - because I haven't enough students, from the government - although will change soon i hope.

Q: What is your interest in electronic music? What kind of music do you listen to? what genres, name some artists you like.

A: I have been into electronic music in listening and dancing for a long time and have created a lot, and my latest song made it to the radio - because i really worked hard on it.

I see myself living from my music but the challenge for me is to become faster in producing and bring things to an end. I want to perform live with also my voice - practicing a lot with the voice. So, I need to really handle Ableton - know the sounds I like and the best effects for the sounds and my voice.

I love a good, round - special techno-sound - sunny but not superficial, not dominating but inspiring, more minimal, less is more. I want to do techno with love. The songs I finished are a bit slower than I planned them - so: chillout, downtempo....Breakbeat, Dubstep - however, I don't know many names of artists (like Peter Kruder, Scheibosan, Tina 303, Rob?,....) but I am listening a lot to different electronic sounds on the internet and go to Pratersauna, Fluc, Ostclub…..I love also Balkan, electronic-swing, Hiphop…The last really amazing party was in the Pratersauna with Stadtpark-label !!!

Q: What are you hoping to gain from this workshop? Are you interested in music production or dj-ing? How do you see yourself growing with this information?

I need to learn to do both producing and DJ-ing. But for now: more DJ-ing because I want to perform live - also creating live with voice and piano, cello. Anyway I have to produce some sounds before I do it live. So again: getting competent and fast in improvising with Ableton i want to.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen